Nobody has to tell you how difficult insomnia can be. When you can’t sleep well, it’s hard to think about anything else. Insomnia is incredibly frustrating because it can affect everything else in your life. Because you can’t sleep, you may be distracted, have a hard time concentrating, have less energy, be more affected by stress, get depressed, and deal with all kinds of other symptoms and problems. That’s exactly why those with insomnia often start looking for better insomnia cures or natural insomnia cures that will provide effective relief. Does this sound familiar to you? Or, are you unsure if you have insomnia?
Whether you’re looking for help with insomnia or still trying to figure out if insomnia is what you’re dealing with, Aligned Modern Health is here for you. As Chicago’s experts in chiropractic physical medicine, acupuncture, clinical nutrition and functional medicine, we can help you explore possible insomnia causes, as well as determine what insomnia treatment would make the most sense for you.
The Best Place to Find Insomnia Treatment for Your Condition
No matter how long you’ve been dealing with insomnia, when you’re looking for alternative treatment methods, come to Aligned Modern Health. We offer a wide range of natural insomnia cures and services to our clients, from acupuncture to nutritional care to chiropractic support.
- Acupuncture: Designed to help the body heal itself, acupuncture is an ancient practice that offers relief for many health conditions. At Aligned Modern Health, we have on-site acupuncturists with master’s or doctoral degrees. These professionals can use acupuncture for insomnia relief, beginning treatment on your first visit.
- Nutritional care: The goal of our functional medicine and clinical nutrition programs is to get to the root of your insomnia, whether that means thyroid disorders, adrenal fatigue, hormonal imbalance, blood sugar issues, cortisol imbalance or another cause. We’ll perform thorough assessments and evaluations to assess your individual biochemistry and determine what recommendations would be most helpful in your case.
- Chiropractic care: Our skilled chiropractors know how to address chronic or acute physical pain that could be the cause of sleep loss. Through this safe, noninvasive, first line of defense against pain, you may be able to experience restored joint mobility and back and neck pain relief. Over time, our personalized chiropractic care aims to move you toward less pain and better sleep.
Talk to us about your symptoms, and we can develop a holistic strategy for targeting them. What’s great about natural treatment options is that they are safe and cause fewer side effects than many over-the-counter sleep aids. Let our professionals look at your complete health picture to maximize wellness through care for the whole body.
How to Educate Yourself About Insomnia and Its Causes
If you have yet to see a doctor about your lack of sleep and are still trying to determine whether you have insomnia, educating yourself ahead of time can be useful. Here are some frequently asked questions about insomnia to help with your understanding of the condition.
- What is insomnia? A common sleep disorder that makes it hard to sleep, stay asleep or get sufficient sleep, insomnia plagues many adults for short periods of time. Some patients, however, deal with chronic insomnia lasting a month or longer. In these cases, insomnia could be the main problem or a resulting problem from another condition.
- What are the symptoms of insomnia? Typical symptoms of insomnia include difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep, waking too early, not feeling fully rested, daytime tiredness, poor concentration, anxiety about sleep, and irritability or depression.
- What could cause insomnia? While insomnia is not linked with just one issue, there are a variety of insomnia causes that may be at work when you’re struggling to sleep. These causes range from stress to poor sleeping habits to hectic schedules, and they affect most people from time to time. Chronic insomnia, however, can be associated with other medical conditions, from thyroid disorders to hormonal imbalances, or the use of certain drugs. It typically requires treatment to go away.
- Who’s at a higher risk for insomnia? Certain characteristics increase a person’s risk factors for insomnia. If you’re a woman, over age 60, dealing with ongoing stress, experiencing a hectic schedule, and/or suffering from a mental health disorder or serious health condition, you are at a greater risk for insomnia.
- What insomnia treatments are available? Medical professionals may recommend a variety of treatment options for insomnia. Options include cognitive behavioral therapy, over-the-counter sleep aids, medications and alternative treatments. At Aligned Modern Health, we focus on natural treatment options that address the root of the issues, from adrenal fatigue to blood sugar
Whether you already have an insomnia diagnosis or are still researching the condition, you are welcome to talk with our experts at Aligned Modern Health. Through our variety of professional, natural insomnia treatments, we can help you care for your body and restore overall health to its systems. As a result, you may see improvement in sleep and a reduction of insomnia symptoms.
Interested in learning more about insomnia and how Aligned Modern Health can partner with you to combat it? Ready to talk with us about acupuncture, nutritional consulting or chiropractic care?
Contact us to set up a consultation.