Ginger Sweet Potato Muffins (from Mediterranean Paleo Cooking)
• 1⁄2 cup coconut flour
• 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
• 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon • 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
• 1 teaspoon ground ginger
• 1⁄2 cup sweet potato puree (1 medium sweet potato) • 1⁄2 cup melted coconut oil
• 6 large eggs
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (gluten free)
• 3 tablespoons honey
￼1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
2. Sift the coconut flour and baking soda into a large mixing bowl. Add the cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger
and stir the flour mixture together until well combined.
3. In another bowl, combine the sweet potato puree, coconut oil, eggs, vanilla extract and honey.
4. Slowly add the dry mix to the wet and whisk until a smooth batter forms.
5. Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups, filling them 1⁄2 full.
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffin comes out clean.
7. Leave the muffins in the pan to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Want more delicious recipes with real food that make you feel really amazing? Join our 28-Day Jumpstart Challenge to kick off the year with new energy and a new you! Our 2015 challenge provides a step-by-step, easy to follow guideline for healthy eating and fitness. We’re in this together, which means all of your Aligned Modern Health friends will be participating – so we can cheer each other along! Drop by an Aligned Modern Health near you and pick up your FREE packet today!